[CFR-Announce] Please Mail In Your Campaign Finance Reform Signature Sheets!

FairElections Oregon info at fairelections.net
Thu Jun 29 18:03:43 EDT 2006

*We only have a few more days to:
Get Big Money Out of Oregon Politics*

*We are in the final dash to the July 7 finish line on Petitions 8 and
37, the Oregon Campaign Finance Reform initiatives.*

We are almost over the top, but *we need to get back all of the
signature sheets that are still out there*.

Please, please, get a few more signatures, sign along the bottom of each
sheet as the circulator, and then mail your completed sheets to the
address on the back.  Each sheet is a "self-mailer," if you fold it into
thirds and put a 39 cent stamp on it.  You can also mail us the sheets
inside regular envelopes, which will ensure safe handling by the Post
Office.

    *The date on your circulator signature at the bottom cannot be
    _prior_** to the dates on the voter signatures on the sheet.*  In
    other words, if the last voter signature is dated June 6, then your
    circulator signature must be dated June 6 or later.

    *Also, the date on your circulator signature cannot in any way have
    been altered by crossing out or overwriting a number (like turning a
    5 into a 6).*

    *You can correct these problems.*  Just sign the sheet as circulator
    _again_, above or next to where you already signed as circulator,
    and write the correct, _current_ date next to your new signature.
    *_DO NOT CROSS OUT YOUR FIRST SIGNATURE._*
    It does not matter if you cross out the first date.

    Yes, the sheet will have your signature as circulator on it twice,
    each with a different date.  This is what the Secretary of State
    requires, if you are in any way changing the original date on your
    first circulator signature.

*We ask that you mail your sheets _as soon as possible_.*

In any event,  please mail all sheets to us not later than Monday, July
3.  July 4 is a mail holiday, so we will not receive them until July 5.

If you get more signatures after July 3 (please do!), we will set up
several drop sites, and those will be listed at www.fairelections.net.

FairElections Oregon
800-939-8011   503-970-2069
info at fairelections.net