[CFR-Announce] Rose Parade signature gathering effort this morning

Liz Trojan elizat8 at pobox.com
Sat Jun 11 22:26:13 EDT 2005

Thanks to all of you who showed up for signature gathering before the
parade this morning. It's hard to get a total headcount but I think we
had somewhere around 15-20 people out gathering signatures. We did have
a downpour half way into the parade. Hopefully each of you were able to
find a spot out of the rain. I ducked into a doorway. We'd like to get a
tally of the signatures gathered at the event to please mail in your
completed sheets.

For those of you who didn't make it to the parade but want to
participate we will be tabling at a booth next weekend at the Pride
Festival in WaterFront Park. Our booth assignment is B2. The hours are
Sat and Sun from noon to 6pm. This is a fun crowd and a good signature
gathering opportunity. Send me a response if you have an hour or two to
help out with tabling.

If gathering signature at events is not your cup of tea we'd be happy to
send you a signature gathering packet. You can gather signatures among
your family, friends, neighbors, roommates, co-workers, etc. We have
till July of 2006 to gather 150,000 signatures. The more of us who
participate the easier it will be to get on the ballot. Send me your
mailing address and I'll send you a packet with all the necessary
materials including some directions for signature gathering. It's not
rocket science but there are some common mistakes so take a moment to
read the dos and don'ts page.

Thanks for stepping forward,

    Liz Trojan
    OregonFair Elections
    www.FairElections.net
    503-246-2906

We have the best democracy money can buy
Greg Palast