[CFR-Announce] Hot off the press!!

Liz Trojan elizat8 at pobox.com
Thu May 26 14:11:30 EDT 2005

Hot off the Press
Our Oregon campaign finance reform initiatives, #8 and #37
Campaign Finance Reform signature sheets are hot off the press and ready
to go. The clock is ticking. We have until July 7, 2006 to gather
100,000 valid signatures on #8 and 100,000 valid signatures on #37 for
the November 2006 ballot.

The more of us who participate the easier this task will be.

In 1997, the Oregon Supreme Court ruled that the existing Oregon
Constitution does not allow limits on political campaign contribution
amounts.  Initiative #8 is a single sentence constitutional amendment
to  allow limits on campaign contributions, which already exist in 45
other states.  Initiative #37 is the detailed statute setting out the
limits we want--banning corporate contributions and limiting individual
contributions to $500 in a statewide race, for example.  The full texts
and summaries are at:

http://www.FairElections.net

These two initiatives combined will allow our elected officials to put
constituents before big donors.

We are asking you to help gather some signatures. Gathering signatures
is a simple but powerful way to participate in getting these two
initiatives on the ballot.  Provide your name and address to us by
email, phone, or mail, and we will mail you a packet of signature sheets
for both initiatives, along with the texts of the measures and
instructions. The signature sheets are self-mailers;  just sign the
bottom of the sheet, fold it up, put a stamp on it and pop it in the mail.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to call.

Liz Trojan

End Mad Cash Disease
FairElections Oregon
www.FairElections.net