[CFR-Announce] Fair Elections Newsletter 6/27 - 7/3

salvador at progressivetrail.org salvador at progressivetrail.org
Tue Jun 28 14:04:41 EDT 2005

WEEK IN REVIEW

Great news this week from Lane County and the Coast this week.  Brooke
tells me that we are organizing in Cottage Grove and that the blackberry
pie society is going to be collecting signatures at the Bohemia Mining
Days, the weekend of the 15th.

We don't have numbers yet from Corvallis, but the volunteer campaign
collected 710 signatures in Eugene, Ashland, and Portland last week.
We've hired George Hutchinson to be our coordinator for the Oregon Coast,
and added an intern in the Eugene office.

Thanks to the Lincoln County Democrats for having me come to speak; to the
Clackamas Democrats for having Dan and I on their television show, which
will air throughout the month in the Portland Metropolitan area; and to
the Pacific Green Party for its endorsement of Measures 8 and 37.

This Week:

Albany -- Tabling 8 am - noon at Saturday Market on Water Ave between
Broadalbin & Ferry.  Contact June Hemmings at 541-926-7070 for volunteer
opportunities in Albany.

Ashland -- Signature gathering at the 1st Friday art walk.  Meeting with
Jackson County Greens regarding tabling and July 4th day of action.
Contact Ben Carrier at 541-292-0370  for volunteer opportunities in
Ashland and Medford.

Coast Cities -- Tabling and gathering signatures with Lincoln County
Democrats at the Lincoln County Fair July 14 - 17.  Contact George
Hutchinson at 503-419-8764 for other volunteer opportunities on the Coast.

Corvallis -- Farmer's Market Wednesday 9 - 1 Benton County Fairgrounds;
Saturday 9 - 1 Riverfront Park.  Contact Tina Empol, 541-753-1782 for
volunteer opportunities in Corvallis.

Eugene -- Tuesday @ the farmers market, 10 - 3;  thursday @ the library:
10 - 1; various hours at art in the vineyard Friday - Monday; Saturday
Market: 10 - 5.  Contact Brooke for volunteer opportunities in Eugene,
including the Country Fair.

Portland -- Tabling at Saturday Market 10 - 5 pm.  Signature gathering at
the Blues Festival.  It's unclear whether we can gather signatures inside
of the event, but we'll pay the $5 admission fee for all volunteers who
bring 2 cans of food.  We could use some help tabling at the Multnomah
central public and branch libraries.  Contact Liz for all volunteer
opportunities in Portland 800-939-8011.

Salem -- Tabling at public library Thursday and Friday afternoon 3 - 6 pm.
Recruiting volunteers for tabling at the Art Fair and Festival July 15, 16
& 17, 2005.  Contact Beth Peterson at .for volunteer opportunities in
Salem

CONTACTS

Ashland 	Ben Carrier,  541-292-0370  ben at demaction.com
Oregon Coast	George Hutchinson, 503-419-8764  george at demaction.com