[CFR-Announce] call for volunteers

Liz Trojan elizat8 at pobox.com
Thu Aug 11 15:41:48 EDT 2005

Signature Gathering Opportunities this weekend

Saturday, August 13
Mississippi Avenue Street Fair
10am-7pm

We have a booth in the Community area (N Mississippi and 39th Ave). Come
help gather signatures for campaign finance reform initiatives #8 and
#37. Make it possible for our electeds to get elected without
indenturing themselves to big donors. This is a neighborhood event with
lots of voters in attendance. It's a great opportunity to talk one on
one with voters about the importance of campaign finance reform for
Oregon. For further information give Liz Trojan a call 503-970-2069.

Saturday, August 13
Portland Farmer's Market
Portland State University
8pm-2pm
We have an invitation from the PSU Campus Greens to table with them at
the Farmer's Market this Saturday and each Saturday till October. I'm
not sure what the connection is between eating fresh locally grown
vegetables and supporting progressive causes but there is definitely a
link as the Farmer's Market crowd has been very supportive of campaign
finance reform. For further information on tabling at the Portland
Farmer's Market contact Chris Henry 503-761-7988 or 503-241-0704

Sunday, August 14th
North Plain Garlic Festival
If you live in Washington County this is a great chance to gather
signatures in an area where we have not previously gathered many
signatures. The Garlic festival is free and open to the public. Give Jim
McNaughton a call for details. 503-530-3740

Signature gathering is a simple but powerful way for you to participate.
Join us for a couple of hours to talk with fellow citizens. For good
reason many of them/us are very disheartened about politics. Enacting
campaign finance limits puts voters back in the drivers seat of the
Oregon Legislature. Your participation is important. Join us.

Liz Trojan
FairElections Oregon
www.FairElections.net
503-246-2906