[CFR-Announce] [Fwd: Michael Moore in Portland Tues Oct 19 noon at PSU Urban Plaza - call for volunteers to hand out CFR flyers]

Liz Trojan elizat8 at pobox.com
Sat Oct 16 19:02:50 EDT 2004

Hello CFR supporters,
   We need your help Tuesday at noon. If you are available please give us
a hand. We'll be tabling and handing out flyers for CFR at the event.
It's hard
to say how many people will be there but 2000-3000 is probably a good
number.
This is a good crowd for us. They are politically motivated and lefties.
What more
could we ask for? If you can help out respond to this email or give me a
ring.

Thx,
Liz
503-970-2069

    From: "Kelly Ward" <kelly.ward at sierraclub.org>
    Subject: Vote Early, Volunteer Often Rally with Michael Moore

    YOU'RE INVITED!
    JOIN FILMMAKER MICHAEL MOORE AND SIERRA CLUB'S CARL POPE TO KICK OFF
    GET OUT
    THE VOTE EFFORTS IN PORTLAND

    Press Conference, Rally to Focus on Voting Early and Volunteering Often,
    Youth Vote

    Portland, Oregon - Filmmaker Michael Moore will join Sierra Club
    Executive
    Director Carl Pope and representatives from America Votes and 21st
    Century
    Democrats Young Voter Project to kick off the Get Out The Vote
    efforts in
    Portland. Ballots are now being mailed to Oregon residents, so
    voting for
    the 2004 election has officially started.

    Sierra Club volunteers will be hitting the streets over the next two
    weeks
    to encourage people to get their ballots in early and to volunteer
    to help
    get other voters to do the same.

    ***GET OUT THE VOTE RALLY***

    Who:
    Michael Moore, Carl Pope, 21st Century Democrats' Young Voters
    Project and
    Portland State University College Democrats

    When:
    Tuesday, October 19, Noon

    Where:
    Portland State University Urban Plaza