[CFR-Announce] Campaign FInance Reform Meeting: Wednesday, July 28th, in Portland

Lloyd Marbet cnsrvncy at cascadeaccess.com
Thu Jul 15 05:44:58 EDT 2004

Dear CFR Supporters:

The next meeting of Money Is Not Democracy will be held in the Fireside
Room, on Wednesday, July 28th, at SE Uplift Community Center, 3534 SE
Main St. in Portland, from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.  Two draft Campaign
Finance Reform initiatives have been prepared by Dan Meek and can be
obtained by going to:  ftp://ftp.voters.net/mind/drafts/2006
There you will find files that are in Wordperfect, Word and PDF
formats.  (After going the FTP site with your web browser, you may have
to hit Refresh or Reload to make the list of files appear.)

These two initiatives are together proposed for the 2006 General
Election, one a single sentence Constitutional Amendment and the other a
Statutory Initiative for Candidate Campaign Finance Reform.  Please
circulate these drafts widely.  In order to overcome any ballot title
challenges, as well as have adequate time for obtaining the signatures
we need, we would like to file these initiatives as quickly as
possible.  Your comments are important and can be sent to me, Dan Meek
at his email address dan at meek.net, or over our CFR candidate listserve
which is listed below at the bottom of our agenda.  Your attendance at
our next meeting is greatly appreciated.  I look forward to seeing you
there.

Respectfully,

Lloyd K. Marbet

Proposed CFR Agenda on July 28, 2004

   1.

            Introductions & Announcements

   2.

            Changes or additions to the agenda

   3.

            Treasurers Report - Paty Muller

   4.

            Review of proposed initiative language

         1. Constitutional Amendment
         2. Statutory Amendment.
   5.

            Strategy for Getting on the Ballot

   6. Proposed timeline
   7.

   8.

            Next Meeting

If you have any additions to this agenda please send them to me or over
our listserv: Cfr-candidates at oreg.org.

    Money Is Not Democracy
    www.FairElections.net